This week on franconiaconference.org, read and respond to the following articles:
- Taking the Risk Beyond Shoulder Tapping – Jessica Walter – “There are too few churches who allow space for the hopeful possibilities that the young and inexperienced can bring. Too few who are willing to take positive steps toward a life renewing future.”
- When immigrants (whether legal or not) become our sisters, brothers and friends – Stephen Kriss – “I’m working with the fourth immigration case that has taken me to an office in a building overlooking the mall between the National Constitution Museum and Independence Hall.”
- The Ripple Effect: How a Path Encounter is Leading to Better Health for 50,000 Children
- Plains invites peacemakers to join “Christian Peace Witness for Iraq” in Washington DC on March 16
- MCC worker from Franconia Conference documents suffering and hope in Colombian churches – ” Janna Hunter-Bowman spent hours poring through horrific details of deaths and threats and exploring how Christians are boldly living out their faith in the midst of pervasive violence.”
- MCC installs interim MCC executive director, approves $1 million water development
- Worship leaders announced for San JosÃ© 2007
- FMC authors in DreamSeeker Magazine – The Winter 2007 issue includes six Franconia Mennonite Conference authors
- Youth Breezes Winter 2007
Health Care Access Information
Would your congregation like some help in getting started on the Mennonite Church USAâ€™s request for all churches to study the Health Care Access issue before San Jose 2007? A team of medical professionals are offering their services to any congregation or group within Franconia Conference. They will present the information as compiled by Glen Miller, program manager for Health Care Access, and help your church brainstorm next steps you might want to take. Contact Al and Iris Driver, 215-513-0568, email@example.com or Chip and Jan Foderaro at 215-256-1345, firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a session.
Pastorsâ€™ Family Weekend
Pastorsâ€™ Family Weekend at Spruce Lake Retreat, March 16 â€“ 18. Dr. Loren E. Swartzendruber, president of Eastern Mennonite University, and Jep Hostetler (who believes humor promotes health), will lead this refreshing retreat for pastors and their families. Call 800-822-7505 for reservations, or check out www.sprucelake.org.
Congregational Leaders and Pastors Address Pornography Together
A seminar to address the issues of pornography in our society and its implications for pastors and lay leaders will be held Thursday evening, March 29 and Friday morning, March 30. The Thursday evening session will include lay leaders and pastors, and the Friday morning seminar will be only for credentialed leaders. Brenda Martin Hurst, professor of practical theology at Eastern Mennonite Seminary has been invited to serve as resource leader for this event. Brenda has been leading similar seminars in other conferences. The seminar will be held in the Fellowship Hall at the Souderton Mennonite Church. All active credentialed Franconia Conference leaders are expected to be present at both the Thursday evening and Friday morning sessions. More details will follow in a few weeks. Questions can be addressed to JMLapp@Franconiaconference.org or by calling 215-723-5513.
Matching Grand Scholarship Program at Bluffton
Bluffton University has information regarding their Church Matching Scholarship Program available at www.bluffton.edu. The forms available online will guide your congregation in supporting your students enrolling at Bluffton University. Questions regarding participating in the Bluffton University Church Matching Scholarship Program can be directed to Debra Niswander, at 800-488-3257.