Ministries: Host community yard sale, Ministerium activities, Offer some kind of course and invite the community, Other, Outdoor worship, Provide assistance at a food bank, Special community-focused events, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: Several members mentor students in the local elementary school and several others tutor in an after school program. We are involved with Interfaith Housing, ministering to homeless families in May. We also assembled transition kits as our VBS project this year. We hosted a PA Dutch dinner and youth band concerts as well as monthly meetings of the Bux-Mont Peace Coalition. We have begun offering fourth Wednesdays (typically our meeting night) as an opportunity for members to offer some kind of activity. We have watched a film, traveled to Sight and Sound, learned about the situation in Israel/Palestine, and prayed together. We plan to host the second annual Ambler area CROP walk. We had a joint Ash Wednesday service with a local Lutheran congregation. A group hoping to bring a food co-op to town meets here weekly.
Ministries: Child care center, Children's ministries, Community garden, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: We have a preschool, not a child care center, and both community and church families use it. Bally Community Center serves elementary thru high school age, depending on the night. The garden is used by a number of people in the wider community.
Ministries: Ministerium activities, Other, Outdoor worship, Special community-focused events, Special community-focused services, Vacation/Summer Bible School
Details: Following Vacation Bible School week, we invite community families to join us for worship which includes a Bible School program and fellowship time following the service. The families are also invited to attend future events such as the fall Harvest festival and Christmas Eve service. Each summer we have our youth baptism service in the local park. In addition, we have two outdoor services in our pavilion with a picnic meal following to encourage our members to invite friends and neighbors. Each fall we host a Harvest Festival and invite the community to attend. Each winter our "farmhouse" is used by Interfaith Hospitality Network to lodge homeless families. One of the two months Blooming Glen is also responsible to provide transportation, overnight hosts, and the evening meal. Currently, the house is being renovated to be used for short term transitional housing in our community. We have also used the home to shelter persons coming from other countries as we assist them in resettling in the community. These friendships and support continue beyond their stay in our house. We have a task force working on additional ways to bless and serve the local community.
Ministries: Children's ministries, Community garden, Host community yard sale, Other, Provide assistance at a food bank, Special community-focused events, Sponsor roadside cleanup, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: As a congregation, we've been involved in the following outreach events in the last few years.
- Community Day - games, free food, etc., on the church grounds.
- Community Egg Hunt - Sat. morning, free candy, prizes, simple sharing of the Easter story
- Live Nativity - three evenings before Christmas, community invited, free food, brief sharing of the Christmas story
- Chosen 300 - a group of young adults and adults who go to Philly six times a year to share a meal and build relationships with homeless persons
- InterFaith Hospitality Network - every October we host homeless persons in the church building, members bring in dinner and stay overnight, build relationships.
- Sportsmen's Dinner - a big meal and special speaker on a Friday evening, appeals to men who love hunting and the outdoors. Over 600 attended this year.
- A Golf Outing in September, men in the church invite friends and family to be part of it, and build relationships.
- Women's Conferences - Franconia planned a Women's Conference one year, and hosted a teleconference women's conference another year.
- We continue to build our relationship with our sister church in Puebla, Mexico - Maranatha Mennonite Church. A team will spend a week with them this summer, assisting in their Vacation Bible School.
- A service team also spent a week serving at Bethany Birches Camp in Vermont this summer, and a group are serving with Kingdom Builders in Philly a Saturday this summer.
- Our Sr. High MYF spent a week serving in La Ceiba, Honduras, partnering with the local Mennonite Church and Eastern Mennonite Mission workers. In addition, a group of youth are serving three days with Kingdom Builders in Philly this summer.
- Twice a year we host a Mom's Market in our fellowship hall, where many people from the community and church sell and buy used children's clothes and toys. We also host a yard sale on the church grounds, usually once a year.
- Prison Ministry: A few of us from Franconia Church go to Montgomeery County Correctional Facilities (MCCF) once a month for a church service and some go to Graterford State and MCCF to the men and women inmates under Liberty Ministries.
- Gideon Ministry
Ministries: Child care center, Host community yard sale, Offer some kind of course and invite the community, Offer something free to/in the community, Other, Special community-focused events, Vacation/Summer Bible School
Details: We have offered occasional silent retreats to which people outside the congregation have been invited. We have offered an ALPHA course with a meal at the church for a couple years. We plan to offer an Alpha Marriage Course this fall, 2012. We opened a disc golf course that was available to the public and was used for several years but recently shut it down due to the effects on our neighbors. We had a mentoring group for a Bridge of Hope family for about 5 years. We produced a monthly TOGETHER magazine that was distributed to every house within a certain radius of the church. We host a cemetery tour each fall and invite the community to hear the history of our cemetery since it is a Worcester Township community cemetery in many ways, going back to the 1700s. This has been very popular with township residents. We have had Sundays focused on East Africa because of one family in our congregation who are from Tanzania. Other East Africans from the Philadelphia area attend these Sundays.
Details: Block party in the Fall for the community. Vacation Bible school is held every year in the summer. Recently Souderton Mennonite has gotten involved in helping to rebuild the community playground across the street from the church.
Ministries: Offer something free to/in the community, Other, Sponsor roadside cleanup, Throw a block party, Vacation/Summer Bible School
Details: Our church continues to be involved with Ripple's outreach in the city--we give financially, we have members of our church that our involved in helping with services, and we have joint services with them--in which both of us have prepared meals and served the other. We partner with another congregation to offer VBS program (Egypt Community Church). We offered the use of our building free of charge to our neighbors-- canvassed the surrounding households to let folks know. Our space is used for a local NA group on Monday nights. Our children generally have at least 2 local missions projects each year--in the past, we worked with Allentown Rescue Mission and Lehigh County Conference of Churches--specifically with local family in need.