Ministries: Child care center, Children's ministries, Community garden, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: We have a preschool, not a child care center, and both community and church families use it. Bally Community Center serves elementary thru high school age, depending on the night. The garden is used by a number of people in the wider community.
Ministries: Children's ministries, Community garden, Host community yard sale, Other, Provide assistance at a food bank, Special community-focused events, Sponsor roadside cleanup, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: As a congregation, we've been involved in the following outreach events in the last few years.
- Community Day - games, free food, etc., on the church grounds.
- Community Egg Hunt - Sat. morning, free candy, prizes, simple sharing of the Easter story
- Live Nativity - three evenings before Christmas, community invited, free food, brief sharing of the Christmas story
- Chosen 300 - a group of young adults and adults who go to Philly six times a year to share a meal and build relationships with homeless persons
- InterFaith Hospitality Network - every October we host homeless persons in the church building, members bring in dinner and stay overnight, build relationships.
- Sportsmen's Dinner - a big meal and special speaker on a Friday evening, appeals to men who love hunting and the outdoors. Over 600 attended this year.
- A Golf Outing in September, men in the church invite friends and family to be part of it, and build relationships.
- Women's Conferences - Franconia planned a Women's Conference one year, and hosted a teleconference women's conference another year.
- We continue to build our relationship with our sister church in Puebla, Mexico - Maranatha Mennonite Church. A team will spend a week with them this summer, assisting in their Vacation Bible School.
- A service team also spent a week serving at Bethany Birches Camp in Vermont this summer, and a group are serving with Kingdom Builders in Philly a Saturday this summer.
- Our Sr. High MYF spent a week serving in La Ceiba, Honduras, partnering with the local Mennonite Church and Eastern Mennonite Mission workers. In addition, a group of youth are serving three days with Kingdom Builders in Philly this summer.
- Twice a year we host a Mom's Market in our fellowship hall, where many people from the community and church sell and buy used children's clothes and toys. We also host a yard sale on the church grounds, usually once a year.
- Prison Ministry: A few of us from Franconia Church go to Montgomeery County Correctional Facilities (MCCF) once a month for a church service and some go to Graterford State and MCCF to the men and women inmates under Liberty Ministries.
- Gideon Ministry