Franconia Mennonite Church is looking to hire a Front Office/Communications Assistant. The position is half-time, with some flexibility in scheduling, and carries an enhanced communication role. To express interest or to see a job description, contact Administrator Monique Kratz - firstname.lastname@example.org - or Pastor Mark Wenger - email@example.com.
Posted on May 15, 2018
The Mennonite Central Committee is looking for an East Coast Thrift Shop Coordinator who will be responsible for providing support and services to 17 MCC East Coast thrift shops. If you’re interested, read the full description and apply HERE.
Posted on May 15, 2018
Dock Mennonite Academy has two short-term faculty positions for a high school Science teacher (primarily Physics) and a high school English teacher for the 2018-19 fall semester. Applicants should submit an application for teaching position to Dr. Conrad J. Swartzentruber, Superintendent, 1000 Forty Foot Rd, Lansdale, PA 19446 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on May 8, 2018
Institute of Mennonite Studies is accepting applications for their Managing Editor position. The Managing Editor provides day?to?day management of the planning, production, promotion, and distribution of IMS print and digital publications. For a full job description, please visit www.ambs.edu/jobs.
Posted on April 17, 2018
Slate Hill Mennonite Church is a vibrant church where we have a strong focus on living out our faith and having a personal relationship with Christ. Our church is known for service, hospitality and community outreach. At Slate Hill, we actively find opportunities for the youth to use their gifts and talents now. The youth are fully integrated into our church structures, actively serving on committees, in worship services, in ministries, and in community decision-making. Our Youth Group is diverse and has a student-led atmosphere. Youth group activities, including Sunday School, Wednesday night club activities, youth retreats, and attendance at Mennonite Youth Conference, are all currently being led by youth and volunteers. We are seeking a Director of Youth Ministries who can continue to utilize our volunteer talent while providing structure and oversight to bolster our high school and junior high youth programming. Energetic, community-minded candidates with a strong personal faith and a desire to reach and equip adolescents are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities Oversee and coordinate programming for Middle School and High School youth.
- To work with youth advisors to plan and carry out educational and social programs for youth.
- Promote and attend Mennonite Youth Conference (every other year).
- Maintain expenses and stay within budget.
- Meet Safe Church requirements with activities.
- Form relationships with youth participants.
- Be approachable and available to youth for personal issues.
- Connect with and communicate with parents.
- Attend worship services at Slate Hill Mennonite Church.
- Participate in Christian Education Commission meetings.
- Lead youth to consider church membership.
- Help youth to participate in the life of the church and find ways to use their gifts in service.
- Possess a personal, vibrant and deep love for God.
- Be approachable and accessible for both youth and parents.
- Have familiarity with and be able to affirm the Mennonite Confession of Faith.
- Utilize strong communication skills.
- Have a passion to work with youth.
- Exhibit a spiritual knowledge which could be achieved through formal or non-formal education.
- Have a clean background check (Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Criminal History and FBI Clearance).
- Utilize good organizational skills
- Be an Independent planner.
- Demonstrate appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Cover Letter
- 2-3 minute video telling us about yourself, why you are considering this position, and how you see yourself as the right person for this position.
Posted on April 11, 2018
Description: Responsible for cleaning & maintaining good order in all rooms and areas used by guests and staff. This position is also responsible for laundry operation related to camp cleanliness. Accountability: Responsible to Guest Services Manager Requirements: • Able to lift up to 30 lbs • Standing for long periods of time. • Pleasant Disposition • Age minimum of 18 years old. • Agree to uphold the Camp’s statement of faith Duties and Tasks: 1. Abide by all responsibilities as outlined in the Job Description. 2. Ensure that rooms are clean, beds made, sweeping & mopping is done, also vacuuming, dusting, emptying trash, and washing windows in all areas assigned. 3. Major areas of responsibility would include: cabins, Landis Hall and bathrooms, areas immediately outside entry to rooms & buildings, meeting rooms, indoor recreation areas, offices, bathhouses, and storage rooms. 4. Wash and dry the laundry as needed at camp. 5. See that cleaning equipment is maintained in good working order and make recommendations for replacement when appropriate. 6. Report need for repairs to Maintenance Team. 7. Report to office when areas are ready for occupancy. 8. Maintain high standards of cleanliness in all areas of responsibility. 9. Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor. Other Info: Housekeeping works very closely with the Facilities Director and Guest Services assisting where necessary and appropriate. There may also be occasions when it will be necessary to assist in other areas of the camp operation. Compensation: $11.00 an hour Contact to apply: If you are interested please email email@example.com your information or call the office at (215) 679-5144 ext 320.
Posted on April 10, 2018
Spruce Lake is in need of a full-time, year-round Chef & Cook. Participate in Spruce Lake's Christian ministry by using skills in all aspects of food production and quality food service for guests. Join a staff team dedicated to providing outstanding dining experiences, ensuring that quality culinary dishes are served on schedule and correcting any problems that arise quickly and effectively. Contact the Food Service Director for info: 800-822-7505 and please apply online at www.sprucelake.org/about/employment.
Posted on April 3, 2018
Bethany Birches Camp seeks a new program director. The ideal candidate is energetic and FUN, loves the outdoors and regularly spends time outside, has a vibrant relationship with God (probably through an Anabaptist lens) and connects easily with people. The position is paid, full time, year-round and includes housing on site. To learn more or to apply, visit www.bethanybirches.org/pd. Call the office with questions - 802-672-5220 - or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on April 3, 2018
Living Branches, is currently seeking a part-time Fund Development Associate, responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with new Living Branches residents and current residents/donors, in the areas of annual giving and planned giving. Hours: Part-time, 4 days per week, 4 hours per day, 32 hours bi-weekly The Fund Development Associate schedules personal visits with select donors to build relationships and encourage short-term and long-term contributions. Specific emphasis on Charitable Gift Annuities, Legacy giving and estate gifts. The ideal candidate brings a demonstrated background and experience that meets the following requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Interest in fundraising and working with senior citizens
- Self-motivated; motivated to work independently to achieve goals and commitments
- Strong client and public relation skills
- Detail oriented, thorough in completing tasks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with emphasis on marketing
- Proficient in MS Office
Posted on March 28, 2018
Franconia Mennonite Church, a congregation of 450 active members in southeastern PA, is looking for a Pastor of Outreach and Youth Ministry to join our existing 3-person pastoral team. This full-time role combines leadership of the congregation's youth ministry (both senior high and junior high) and leadership of the church's various outreach ministries. Qualified applicants must be passionate about Jesus Christ, have a heart for outreach, and have an ability to build discipling relationships with youth. To express interest or request further information, please contact the search team at: email@example.com.
Posted on March 20, 2018