Spruce Lake has an opening for a full-time, year-round Recruiting Coordinator. This person will participate in the hiring process from beginning to end, attracting candidates, evaluating resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews and managing the hiring paperwork. Apply online at sprucelake.org. For more information, contact the Executive Director at 570-595-7505 x 113.
Posted on September 17, 2019
The Director of Pastoral Care and Service plans, directs, and/or coordinates programs and activities designed to promote spiritual nurture and growth for the Living Branches residents, their families, and staff. The Director of Pastoral Care and Service is also responsible for supervising Living Branches Pastors and all Pastoral Care and Service staff. Director of Pastoral Care and Service Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in the delivery of pastoral care and instructs and supervises staff to ensure that sufficient pastoral care coverage is available to best meet the needs of the residents and that all requests for pastoral care are responded to in a timely manner.
- Assists in orientation and training of new employees, participates in their ongoing training, and participates as appropriate in the hiring and disciplinary processes.
- Works with the Volunteer Coordinator to identify and recruit potential volunteer workers.
- Analyzes resident attendance and participation to ensure that religious education and activities are meeting the spiritual needs of Living Branches residents, their families and staff.
- Collaborates with Pastors and other ministry members to reflect on present spiritual needs of the Living Branches community and to establish worship services, programs, and other events that can help facilitate new spiritual growth and wholeness.
- Communicates and provides liaison with the religious community and acts as an ambassador for Living Branches as required.
- Maintains documentation as required by regulations and organizational policies.
- Oversees the use and maintenance of the chapel and maintains office supply inventories and ritual items and religious literature supply inventories.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Required
- Master’s Degree in Pastoral Care/Counseling – Preferred
- Accredited seminary diploma – Preferred
- Minimum 5-8 years of related work experience- Required
- 8+ years of related work experience – Preferred
- Licensed by Franconia Mennonite oranother MCUSA related conference – Required
- Previous Pastorate experience in a congregational setting
- Experience providing care for geriatric persons or working with dementia type residents preferred
- Good communication/empathetic skills and ability to effectively interact with others (residents and their families)
- Strong managerial skills to provide guidance and direction, set performance standards and monitor performance of subordinates
Posted on September 16, 2019
Perkiomenville Mennonite Church is seeking a qualified individual to serve the congregation in the areas of worship, youth, and connecting ministries. Each role covers a vital area of church life. This person would work in concert with the Teaching/Discipleship Pastor to see that the entire ministry of the church is moved forward. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry related field, with course work in youth and family ministry preferred.
- Experience in preparing and leading worship in a multi-generational environment.
- Talent and training in music.
- Experience and/or training in youth, small group and connecting ministries.
- Demonstrated passion for local church ministry.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a church setting, either part-time or full-time.
- Experience with cloud-based applications for organization and communication.
- Craft engaging worship services, in partnership with the Teaching/Discipleship Pastor.
- Coordinate the presentation of worship on Sunday mornings.
- Recruit and mentor worship leaders and audio/visual team members.
- Work with the staff on other worship needs in the total church program.
- Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion, and administration.
- Work with the appropriate staff in planning, evaluating and coordinating youth ministries of the church (7-12th grade).
- Work directly with youth volunteer team to design and implement a full youth ministry.
- Work to engage people in small group ministry, through training leaders and awareness of groups happening in the church.
- Work with a team to engage first- and second-time visitors, promote the church in the community
- Periodically review church policies and programs with appropriate staff or committees and bring recommendations for needed changes and improvements to the church.
- Assist the staff in planning for and presentation of annual budgets and in overseeing the expenditures of funds.
Posted on September 3, 2019
Perkiomenville Mennonite Church has an opening for an Administrative Assistant beginning September 23. This person will provide support to the pastors and ministry teams through creative communication, office organization, database management, and basic clerical help. The current role is part-time, 12-15 hours a week. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Pastor Mike Spinelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on September 3, 2019
Dock Mennonite Academy is accepting applications for a part-time custodial staff member (one position at the Lansdale school, and one at the Souderton school). The position includes general cleaning, setting up and cleaning after events/rentals, snow removal, etc. Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb up and down a ladder, and must have reliable transportation to and from work. Send resumes to Patti Baker at email@example.com.
Posted on August 27, 2019
Quakertown Christian School is looking for a Maintenance/Facility Coordinator. This is a full time, year round position with benefits. Duties include daily cleaning of school facility, basic troubleshooting of heating and air conditioning systems, minor repairs to kitchen equipment, ordering of cleaning supplies and lawn maintenance. At minimum, a high school diploma is required and at least 1 year of experience preferred. Call 215-536-6970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on August 13, 2019
Zion Mennonite Church is seeking a part-time Director of Music to direct adult and youth choirs, bell choir, and to lead congregational singing for Sunday morning worship and seasonal services. Qualifications include strong Christian faith commitment, ability to work with children and adults, ability to work collaboratively with pastors, organist and other musicians. 15 hours/week. Contact Pastor Sonya Stauffer Kurtz at email@example.com.
Posted on August 6, 2019
Bally Community Preschool, a ministry of Bally Mennonite Church, is currently seeking a talented, enthusiastic part-time music teacher for this fall for their three and four-year-old classes. Experience working with young children and a music background is preferred. Also needed is a part-time Spanish teacher with the ability to communicate basic Spanish vocabulary in a fun and age appropriate manner. Contact Cindy Roma at 610-845-1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on July 30, 2019
Salford Mennonite Child Care Centers is looking for full time toddler teacher. Early Childhood Education Degree or ECE credits within another degree are preferred. Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, paid time off, birthday bonuses. (EOE) Contact Christina Lynch at 215-256-6421 ext. 116 or email@example.com. For more information please visit www.salfordmccc.org.
Posted on July 2, 2019
The Lombard Mennonite Peace Center (LMPC) is in the process of searching for a new LMPC Executive Director. The current Executive Director, Rev. Richard Blackburn, is stepping back from that role at the end of 2019, having filled the role since 1983. He will continue to be available, as may be needed, to assist with the transition process, which will include providing leadership for LMPC's major training events, until the new Executive Director is ready to take the lead on such events. See the description here. Please email all questions and correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Posted on June 24, 2019