Ministries: Host community yard sale, Ministerium activities, Offer some kind of course and invite the community, Other, Outdoor worship, Provide assistance at a food bank, Special community-focused events, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: Several members mentor students in the local elementary school and several others tutor in an after school program. We are involved with Interfaith Housing, ministering to homeless families in May. We also assembled transition kits as our VBS project this year. We hosted a PA Dutch dinner and youth band concerts as well as monthly meetings of the Bux-Mont Peace Coalition. We have begun offering fourth Wednesdays (typically our meeting night) as an opportunity for members to offer some kind of activity. We have watched a film, traveled to Sight and Sound, learned about the situation in Israel/Palestine, and prayed together. We plan to host the second annual Ambler area CROP walk. We had a joint Ash Wednesday service with a local Lutheran congregation. A group hoping to bring a food co-op to town meets here weekly.
Ministries: Child care center, Children's ministries, Community garden, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: We have a preschool, not a child care center, and both community and church families use it. Bally Community Center serves elementary thru high school age, depending on the night. The garden is used by a number of people in the wider community.
Ministries: Children's ministries, Community garden, Host community yard sale, Other, Provide assistance at a food bank, Special community-focused events, Sponsor roadside cleanup, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: As a congregation, we've been involved in the following outreach events in the last few years.
- Community Day - games, free food, etc., on the church grounds.
- Community Egg Hunt - Sat. morning, free candy, prizes, simple sharing of the Easter story
- Live Nativity - three evenings before Christmas, community invited, free food, brief sharing of the Christmas story
- Chosen 300 - a group of young adults and adults who go to Philly six times a year to share a meal and build relationships with homeless persons
- InterFaith Hospitality Network - every October we host homeless persons in the church building, members bring in dinner and stay overnight, build relationships.
- Sportsmen's Dinner - a big meal and special speaker on a Friday evening, appeals to men who love hunting and the outdoors. Over 600 attended this year.
- A Golf Outing in September, men in the church invite friends and family to be part of it, and build relationships.
- Women's Conferences - Franconia planned a Women's Conference one year, and hosted a teleconference women's conference another year.
- We continue to build our relationship with our sister church in Puebla, Mexico - Maranatha Mennonite Church. A team will spend a week with them this summer, assisting in their Vacation Bible School.
- A service team also spent a week serving at Bethany Birches Camp in Vermont this summer, and a group are serving with Kingdom Builders in Philly a Saturday this summer.
- Our Sr. High MYF spent a week serving in La Ceiba, Honduras, partnering with the local Mennonite Church and Eastern Mennonite Mission workers. In addition, a group of youth are serving three days with Kingdom Builders in Philly this summer.
- Twice a year we host a Mom's Market in our fellowship hall, where many people from the community and church sell and buy used children's clothes and toys. We also host a yard sale on the church grounds, usually once a year.
- Prison Ministry: A few of us from Franconia Church go to Montgomeery County Correctional Facilities (MCCF) once a month for a church service and some go to Graterford State and MCCF to the men and women inmates under Liberty Ministries.
- Gideon Ministry
Ministries: Children's ministries, Ministerium activities, Offer some kind of course and invite the community, Special community-focused events, Youth programs
Details: Movie Nights, Trips to the library, to the parks to play social games, hone visitation. Senior awareness outreach, (social security, medicare, medicaid, life ins.). Rap Concerts & Testimonies