Ministries: Children's ministries, Community garden, Host community yard sale, Other, Provide assistance at a food bank, Special community-focused events, Sponsor roadside cleanup, Vacation/Summer Bible School, Youth programs
Details: As a congregation, we've been involved in the following outreach events in the last few years.
- Community Day - games, free food, etc., on the church grounds.
- Community Egg Hunt - Sat. morning, free candy, prizes, simple sharing of the Easter story
- Live Nativity - three evenings before Christmas, community invited, free food, brief sharing of the Christmas story
- Chosen 300 - a group of young adults and adults who go to Philly six times a year to share a meal and build relationships with homeless persons
- InterFaith Hospitality Network - every October we host homeless persons in the church building, members bring in dinner and stay overnight, build relationships.
- Sportsmen's Dinner - a big meal and special speaker on a Friday evening, appeals to men who love hunting and the outdoors. Over 600 attended this year.
- A Golf Outing in September, men in the church invite friends and family to be part of it, and build relationships.
- Women's Conferences - Franconia planned a Women's Conference one year, and hosted a teleconference women's conference another year.
- We continue to build our relationship with our sister church in Puebla, Mexico - Maranatha Mennonite Church. A team will spend a week with them this summer, assisting in their Vacation Bible School.
- A service team also spent a week serving at Bethany Birches Camp in Vermont this summer, and a group are serving with Kingdom Builders in Philly a Saturday this summer.
- Our Sr. High MYF spent a week serving in La Ceiba, Honduras, partnering with the local Mennonite Church and Eastern Mennonite Mission workers. In addition, a group of youth are serving three days with Kingdom Builders in Philly this summer.
- Twice a year we host a Mom's Market in our fellowship hall, where many people from the community and church sell and buy used children's clothes and toys. We also host a yard sale on the church grounds, usually once a year.
- Prison Ministry: A few of us from Franconia Church go to Montgomeery County Correctional Facilities (MCCF) once a month for a church service and some go to Graterford State and MCCF to the men and women inmates under Liberty Ministries.
- Gideon Ministry
Ministries: Offer something free to/in the community, Other, Sponsor roadside cleanup, Throw a block party, Vacation/Summer Bible School
Details: Our church continues to be involved with Ripple's outreach in the city--we give financially, we have members of our church that our involved in helping with services, and we have joint services with them--in which both of us have prepared meals and served the other. We partner with another congregation to offer VBS program (Egypt Community Church). We offered the use of our building free of charge to our neighbors-- canvassed the surrounding households to let folks know. Our space is used for a local NA group on Monday nights. Our children generally have at least 2 local missions projects each year--in the past, we worked with Allentown Rescue Mission and Lehigh County Conference of Churches--specifically with local family in need.