Rocky Ridge is located about 2 miles southeast of Quakertown, PA. In the early1900’s the area around Rocky Ridge was known as the “woods over the ridge.” Families living in the area were of many nationalities and most had little income. In 1931, the first “cottage” meeting and Sunday School were held. By 1949, a number of charter families had moved into the area and a new church building at 114 Rocky Ridge Road was built.
We have been an ethnically diverse congregation from the beginning, and have always had at the forefront a support of missions, missionaries, and short term mission experiences.
As we look towards the future, Rocky Ridge is currently trying to re-imagine what shape their missional DNA will take in the 21st century.
Vision Statement: We are a community of people, bonded by faith in Jesus Christ, committed to being Shaped by God’s word, to Sharing our life with others, and to Sacrificing for God’s mission.
Franco Salvatori is the current Lead Pastor. The church structure consists of Elders giving spiritual direction and a Leadership Council governance to church matters.
Quakertown Christian School was started in the basement of the church in September 1951. (www.rockyridgechurch.org)