- Manage phone calls, emails, in person meetings and case evaluation.
- Maintain a file system
- Connect the community member with legal support
- Coordinate accompaniment program and calendar of events for different cases
- When needed, coordinate public pressure to win cases with petitions, calls, letter writing, etc.
- Maintain and build relationships with resources available for for immigrants such as lawyers, nonprofits, healthcare, and services in the city.
- Connect cases with NSM’s organizing
- Help immigrant community members learn and connect with resources and support them to take advantage of opportunities.
- Manage ally participants of Accompaniment, including hosting trainings
- Fluent in Spanish: Ability to speak, interpret and translate Spanish.
- Proficient in English
- At least 2 years of experience working with the immigrant community
- Demonstrated ability to manage and respond appropriately to high level of cases with heavy emotional issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build and maintain relationships with community members of different ethnicities and faiths
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Experience with community organizing a bonus.
- Working knowledge of PC, word processing, data entry programs, petition platforms, and social media.
- General knowledge of office administration
- Comfortable in the language and life of faith, openness to a variety of religious experiences and engaged in one’s own faith journey
- Passionate about social justice and immigrant justice.
- Highly motivated and independent worker
- Desire to learn, grow and be challenged
- Problem solving skills
- Flexible hours - evenings and weekends
- Bi-cultural and/or a member of the immigrant community
The Sr. Accountant serves as the chief assistant to the Controller. The person in this position is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting for Penn Foundation and related entities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the routine operation of Penn Foundation's General Ledger and internal financial reporting functions. Duties include posting monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and updating monthly schedules, and timely follow-up on outstanding items at month end. Works collaboratively with the Controller to ensure a timely and accurate close.
· Assists Controller in preparing for annual financial audit, including preparation of year end work papers and schedules. Lead person on the annual retirement plan audit.
· Monitors and is record keeper of fixed assets and depreciation, construction in progress, and other investment activities;
· Responsible for conducting safe audits and maintaining records for Agency petty cash sites, safes, and gift cards as well as special projects, as requested;
Required Education and Experience
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major study in accounting or related field.
· At least two years’ experience, preferably in a non-profit healthcare setting
· Public accounting experience and CPA preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to analyze procedures and transactions to determine whether they are being performed in compliance with GAAP, knowledge of accounting, finance and business administration.
· Keen analytical skills, ability to analyze financial data for unusual trends and variances.
· Ability to flex schedule in times of varying workload
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines.
· High accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of responsibilities. Adherence to deadlines and timeframes for completing recurring responsibilities and other projects assigned
· Positive interpersonal skills, ability to communication clearly and effectively with co-workers, program directors and external contacts.
· Fluent in use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word. Comfortable in learning new software packages and applications. Highly skilled in spreadsheet and word processing software.
· A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check required.
Contact: Michelle Lerch
Human Resource Specialist
807 Lawn Avenue
PO Box 32
Sellersville, PA 18960
Direct Line: 267-404-5086
Main Switchboard: 215-257-6551