The Sr. Accountant serves as the chief assistant to the Controller. The person in this position is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting for Penn Foundation and related entities.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the routine operation of Penn Foundation's General Ledger and internal financial reporting functions. Duties include posting monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and updating monthly schedules, and timely follow-up on outstanding items at month end. Works collaboratively with the Controller to ensure a timely and accurate close.
· Assists Controller in preparing for annual financial audit, including preparation of year end work papers and schedules. Lead person on the annual retirement plan audit.
· Monitors and is record keeper of fixed assets and depreciation, construction in progress, and other investment activities;
· Responsible for conducting safe audits and maintaining records for Agency petty cash sites, safes, and gift cards as well as special projects, as requested;
Required Education and Experience
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major study in accounting or related field.
· At least two years’ experience, preferably in a non-profit healthcare setting
· Public accounting experience and CPA preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to analyze procedures and transactions to determine whether they are being performed in compliance with GAAP, knowledge of accounting, finance and business administration.
· Keen analytical skills, ability to analyze financial data for unusual trends and variances.
· Ability to flex schedule in times of varying workload
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and meet required deadlines.
· High accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of responsibilities. Adherence to deadlines and timeframes for completing recurring responsibilities and other projects assigned
· Positive interpersonal skills, ability to communication clearly and effectively with co-workers, program directors and external contacts.
· Fluent in use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word. Comfortable in learning new software packages and applications. Highly skilled in spreadsheet and word processing software.
· A Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and a FBI Criminal History Background Check required.
Contact: Michelle Lerch
Human Resource Specialist
807 Lawn Avenue
PO Box 32
Sellersville, PA 18960
Direct Line: 267-404-5086
Main Switchboard: 215-257-6551