Spruce Lake has part-time, year-round food service openings for Dishwashers and Dining Room Hosts. These positions have flexible hours and/or rotating shifts, and successful applicants will interact with guests and staff with courtesy, helpfulness and attention to detail. The Host role includes being a “first responder” to guests’ needs and monitors the food service line at meals. Please apply only at sprucelake.org/about/employment. For more details, contact the Food Service Director at 800-822-7505 x 138.
Posted on September 19, 2017
Living Branches currently has open job positions at Dock Meadows, Souderton Mennonite Homes, and Dock Woods in various departments: nursing, dining services, maintenance, and housekeeping. For more information, visit www.livingbranches.org/careers.
Posted on September 19, 2017
Community Home Services is in need of Home Care Aides to assist the elderly living at home. Clients reside within a 15 mile radius of the Harleysville/Souderton area. Qualified candidates will have a passion for the elderly, prior experience, a current PA Driver's License with a clean driving record and possess current auto insurance. Formal training in the nurse aide field is a plus. Salary range is $10.60 – $13.80 per hour with reimbursement for travel time plus gas mileage. They also offer flexible schedules and health benefits to employees that work an average of 30 hours per week. For more info, call 267-932-6030.
Posted on September 5, 2017
Quakertown Christian School is seeking to hire a full-time Administrative Assistant. A minimum of two years’ experience in related positions, an ability to multi-task, and proficiency in Word and Excel is preferred. A complete job description is available upon request. Please send resumes for consideration to Administrator, Timothy Gray, at email@example.com.
Posted on August 8, 2017
Frederick Living (Continuing Care Retirement Community) is hiring for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), Nurses (RN/LPN), Med Techs, Nurse Aides, Dining Homemaker, Medical Transportation Driver and Prep Cook. There are full-time, part-time, pool/per diem and weekend shifts available. Please visit the Frederick Living website to read the job details for the position you are qualified for, or to complete the online application. For more info, call 610-754-7878, ext. 117.
Posted on July 5, 2017
New Sanctuary Movement of Philadelphia (NSM) is hiring a Part Time Accompaniment Coordinator to join our diverse team working to build a faith-based grassroots movement for immigrant justice. In the last six months, we have seen a steady increase in the number of people coming to our Accompaniment program as they fight their deportation, attend criminal, traffic or family court, and check in for probation. To meet this need, we are hiring a P/T staff to coordinate our Accompaniment Program and daily casework. Working with immigrant members and their allies, Accompaniment ranges from a single meeting, to a few court dates, to a long-term partnership with a member congregation. Accompaniment supports families, connects members with trustworthy legal representation, holds the immigration system accountable, and fosters long-term relationships between allied congregations and immigrant families to create transformational relationships. The position is 30 hours per week. NSM is an interfaith, multicultural immigrant justice organization working to build community across faith, ethnicity, and class in our work to end injustices against immigrants regardless of immigration status, express radical welcome for all, and ensure that values of dignity, justice, and hospitality are lived out in practice and upheld in policy. Find out more at www.sanctuaryphiladelphia.org. Responsibilities include:
- Manage phone calls, emails, in person meetings and case evaluation.
- Maintain a file system
- Connect the community member with legal support
- Coordinate accompaniment program and calendar of events for different cases
- When needed, coordinate public pressure to win cases with petitions, calls, letter writing, etc.
- Maintain and build relationships with resources available for for immigrants such as lawyers, nonprofits, healthcare, and services in the city.
- Connect cases with NSM’s organizing
- Help immigrant community members learn and connect with resources and support them to take advantage of opportunities.
- Manage ally participants of Accompaniment, including hosting trainings
- Fluent in Spanish: Ability to speak, interpret and translate Spanish.
- Proficient in English
- At least 2 years of experience working with the immigrant community
- Demonstrated ability to manage and respond appropriately to high level of cases with heavy emotional issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build and maintain relationships with community members of different ethnicities and faiths
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Experience with community organizing a bonus.
- Working knowledge of PC, word processing, data entry programs, petition platforms, and social media.
- General knowledge of office administration
- Comfortable in the language and life of faith, openness to a variety of religious experiences and engaged in one’s own faith journey
- Passionate about social justice and immigrant justice.
- Highly motivated and independent worker
- Desire to learn, grow and be challenged
- Problem solving skills
- Flexible hours - evenings and weekends
- Bi-cultural and/or a member of the immigrant community
Posted on June 27, 2017
Zion Mennonite Nursery School has a job opportunity for a teacher for a 4-year-old class to work 3 days a week from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm for the 2017-2018 school year. he qualified candidate should have a 2 or 4 year degree in Early Childhood Education and be actively involved in a local church. If interested, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on June 13, 2017